Friday, November 19, 2010

News from the Doctor!


Whitney and I (Josh writing) got a call this morning and it was the Neonatologist that had been taking care of Ruby overnight. Whit passed the phone to me and he began telling me about Ruby's progress. The nose tube for deflating her stomach and intestines was removed today and they were feeding her water (pedialyte). They have been scaling back the meds since early this morning and plan to have her off all meds in the next day or so. As for the breathing tube, the doctor told us that he will most likely remove it tomorrow so that she can breathe on her own. If her stomach and intestines work well with the pedialyte they will be introducing breast milk later tomorrow.
We cannot be more thrilled with the news of her speedy recovery and pray that it continues. I went up there a while ago and the nurse told me that I could wipe her chapped lips if I wanted to. The nurse took the cover off her eyes (protection from the UV light) and as I started talking her eyes opened right up. I got to sit in the room and watch her eyes move, her arms flail, and her feet kick. It was more life than I had seen in her all week. I had such a hard time walking out of the room and leaving the nurses while they did their tests and cleaned her tube. We believe in miracles.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Too, too, adorable! I can't wait to hold her and squeeze her and kiss her...
    Good job Rubes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo!! the news could not be better! i'm so excited for you guys. is there a chance she'll be home by thanksgiving? go ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful miracle life is and how precious it is in our fathers arms. Thinking of you and your family. What a wonderful girl.

    Congratulations !!
    Amanda Helm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felicitaciones amigo!!!!!!! que misión tan importante para ustedes el traer a estos hermosos niños al mundo.... fuerzas y estamos con vos

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful baby she is! I am so happy for you both! Hugs!
    -Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this made me cry...i am so thrilled all is going so well....cannot wait until she will be home and in your arms. miracles do happen! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great news! I'm completely crying! She's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful news! You continue in our prayers! We are so happy for this happy outcome!

    ReplyDelete